Hello:
I tried some time ago to use the 2.0 version of the .net provider but i couldnt connect to my database (linux server), then i tried it at home and connect perfectly using "localhost", today i decided to try it here at work, and it didnt work using the ip, then i just changed the ip to the server name and it worked...

So: DataSource = 192.168.0.1 <http://192.168.0.1> didnt work,
but: DataSource = MyServer works.

Is it supposed to be this way?
That maybe indicate a problem with your network configuration, i think that
should be failing on Dns.GetHostEntry(dataSource) call done in
GdsConnection.GetIPAddress method

--
Bets regards

Carlos Guzmán Álvarez