Hello:
I'm trying to update a BLOB SUB_TYPE TEXT column but I get always the
following error:

"arithmetic exception, numeric overflow, or string truncation"

I'm using .net 2.0 RC4 provider and FB 2.0 RC2.

The value can be retrieved from table.
The problem relies on how the parameter is defined, your parameter is defined only as DbType.String what isn't valid for Text Blob parameters as DbType.String is mapped by default to FbDbType.VarChar.

In a case like this the FbPArameter.FbDbType should be set to FbDbType.Text to get it to work.

( Anyway i'm thinking on modify the Size property of the FbParameter class to switch to FbDbType.Text when the size is greater than the max size of a char/varchar field in firebird )

--
Carlos Guzmán Álvarez
Vigo-Spain

http://carlosga.blogspot.com/

No hay un solo rey que no descienda de un esclavo, ni un esclavo que no haya tenido reyes en su familia.