I'm trying to install the fb net provider DDEX in VS 2005. I use Firebird
1.5.3/XP Pro/VS 2005 with .NET framework 2.0.50727

I think I did all the steps correctly and I can see the
FirebirdSql.VisualStudio.DataTools in the GAC with a public key of
6ae6c78ccb0fcdb3.

Now when I open and new project and try to Add New Data Source I can click
on New Connection, change to Firebird Datasource and click OK.  Then in the
Add Connection form as soon as I type anything in any of the edit boxes, the
form closes and takes me back to the Data Source Configuration Wizard form.

I have checked the registry entries that I entered from the
FirebirdDDEXProviderPackageLess32.reg and confirmed the settings in the
machine.config file and still no joy.

Can anyone suggest something?  I've spent hours on this and gotten nothing.

Regards,

Rick