Hello:
> You're right.
> >From DDEX, right now I would expect possibility to put plan in my sql
> statements, but, it's not working for now. The trik is to edit the
> designer.cs file and it works. Carlos said that VS verify the syntax agains
> possible error. For now looks like VS is strictly oriented to SQL, but, I
> wonder my self, someone who develop for Oracle, have support for all
> specific sql statements ???
Microsoft people could be doing somethings hard coded, for example the
provider has a hack to avoid a problem
with SqlDataSource, where Visual Studio was setting quotes on the
FirebirdDataAdapter properties two times
the first one using " ( correct ) and the second one using [] ...

They maybe doing some things based on the provider specific classes that
ships withy .net framework ( what
of course will be not valid for third party people, more if tehy are
open source .. hehehe )

--
Carlos Guzmán Álvarez
Vigo-Spain