> This would probably be easier than using LoadLibrary directly (and
> especially GetProcAddress - in fact, is GetProcAddress even callable from
> C#?) PLUS it would be just as cross-platform as before!

Oh, I just answered my own question: you can call GetProcAddress in C#,
using the new (in .NET 2.0 at least) UnmanagedFunctionPointerAttribute, see
for example:

http://blogs.msdn.com/jonathanswift/archive/2006/10/03/Dynamically-calling-a
n-unmanaged-dll-from-.NET-_2800_C_23002900_.aspx

Still, using Reflection.Emit will be cross-platform...

Dean.