On 6/23/07, Nobuya Higuchi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thank you for your help. I'm still wondering why .net provider does not
> support direct byte read in FbDataAdapter's Fill method, though.

It does, cause' it follows abstract ADO.NET classes. If there's a
source with byte, you get it with byte. If you need to do some
conversion, you can to it yourself (on DB or in app). It's not good to
do this in provider, because somebody wants to do other change and
somebody other etc. If it's not generic it should not be in common
place, what provider is.

--
Jiri {x2} Cincura
http://blog.vyvojar.cz/jirka/ | http://www.ID3renamer.com