Hello,
I will start to develop a multi user windows forms application with firebird
as database and visual studio 2005 as development system.
I use datasets in my application and have problems when multiple users
change data in database.
My question is:
how do you handle the dataset problem?
I would like to know if there is a tool which enables a 'server engine'.
The server engine is the only tasks that communicates with the database and
every application communicates with the server process.
The server engine should lock the data when it is in use - every other
application may hav a copy but no possibility to edit data ( in the table
row) . If the client
application task has ended the server engine should release the lock.

Would another database except firebird handle this situation in a better way
than can be realized with firebird? I know of Turbopower Flashfiler which is
capable to do it like I want to...

Thanks for your replies

Sven