I installed DDEX, I can see the Firebird provider in the Server
Explorer. I add a connection, select FB, enter the connection string but
when I click Enter, I get "Failure has occurred while loading a type".

I have been looking for the web, it seems something related with the
Microsoft Windows SDK. I installed the Microsoft Windows SDK but then,
when I installed DDEX, the reg_files\VS2008\withSDK directory was empty,
so I executed reg_files\VS2008\FirebirdDDEXProvider32.reg

Can it be the origin of the problem?
If yes, where I can find FirebirdDDEXProvider32. for Windows SDK in a
VS2008 environment.

Thank you