On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 18:11, Justin Sommercorn <jus...@paraben.com> wrote:
> Ironically, the support forum pointed me here.  The thing that would really

:)

> help me out the most here is letting me know if there is a more efficient
> way of adding large amounts of data to a BLOB.  It seems that the appending
> to itself is not the best way to do it.

I would first try this scenario in IBExpert or fsql, for instance. But
I still think it's unrelated to .net provider, the database file is
handled by server.

OTOH there are some questions about this approach.
How you load the data if you store it using concatenating chunks?
Some under-average machine has about 1GB of RAM, probably half of this
available. Are you really storing such a big files? Do you really need
to store it in database?
Why you care about DB size? Even if there's some unused pages from
concatenation, it'll be used later. And today's high-end disk drives
for DB servers have decent GB/$ ratio.

--
Jiri {x2} Cincura (CTO x2develop.com)
http://blog.vyvojar.cz/jirka/ | http://www.ID3renamer.com