I have found that full disclosure is always helpful when seeking help:

The backend is IB 7.5.1, not Firebird.

I have this stored proc that runs great when from IBConsole with this syntax:

SELECT * FROM GET_TARGETTABLE_BY_ID_SP( 3, 1);

When I create a FbCommand object and set the cmd to the parametrized syntax:

SELECT * FROM GET_TARGETTABLE_BY_ID_SP( ?, ?);

and add the two parameters, it works fine, too.

What I cannot figure out is how to make this call as a query on my
typed dataset, aka allow the Firebird DDEX to generate the code.  In
the end, most all the calls to the database will be parametrized SP
that return dataset's, so figuring out how to do this with DDEX is
somewhat important :)

Sam