Hi,
First of all -
http://sourceforge.net/projects/firebird/files/firebird-net-provider/1.7.2/FirebirdNETProvider-1.7.2-Doc.7z/download

is about as latest as "documentation" gets, there was a site with examples
but I can`t seem to find it atm;

Second, The "FbBackup" seems to be part of FirebirdSql.Data.Services (I
had my doubts but I double checked the documentation), which is why you
get the error you pasted.

Last but not least - you know that this utilizes the Services API and
therefore creates the backup at the server? I wrote a backup scheduler of
my own and since I`m to lazy for native code interaction (to "steal" a
part of gbak source) - The best solution I was able to come up with was to
use the precompiled binary itself :)

BTW If you need backup scheduling - FIBS is not really a bad tool (even
though it is written in delphi)

> Hi,
> I would like to embed Backup and Restore functionality in my app.
> I found an older 1.7 snippet. But this one does not work..
>
> using FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient;
> using FirebirdSql.Data.Isql;
> FbBackup backupSvc = new FbBackup();
>
> THE type or namespace could not be found ...
> backupSvc.Execute();
>
> Is anybody willing to share a working snippet ?
> Thanks in advance, Bjoern
> Beside where can I find the latest examples/snippets and API
> documentation ?

Sanity is a sin!