On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 3:37 AM, Jay Barreto <c...@jaybarreto.net> wrote:
> hi! i wanted to know if it would be a good idea to switch the current invoke
> action which has a lot of over head to the tpl task object which handles
> this better imho with out breaking the contact.

You can use http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd321543 . And
I'll add it for future version. But currently it's even not possible
to issue more commands etc., so it'll be always blocking, though on
different thread.

We would need to a) cleanup the "lock" mess in whole codebase, because
a lot of locks is wrong and/or not needed and b) push the async all
the way down to socket, to be really not blocking and using IO
completion port and c) rework internals to handle more commands
(handles) through one (same) connection and transaction(s) (possibly
more) [1].

http://blog.cincura.net/231316-running-commands-on-firebird-in-background-and-canceling/

Contributions welcome. :)

[1] And of course we have to find a way to keep you, at least a
little, from screwing up the connection and transaction while the
command is running (even if it's valid from protocol's POV)
--
Jiri {x2} Cincura (x2develop.com founder)
http://blog.cincura.net/ | http://www.ID3renamer.com