Thank you very much, Michael.
I  will  do some more research. I knew about SQL Server CE before, but
rather  would  stick  with Firebird. Maybe I will put it all off until
next year.

Right  now,  there  is  no  VPN  available for WP8. If that finally is
available,  our  new  WP-devices will start to be interesting for real
business  use,  and of course I'd like to provide my colleagues with a
mobile subset of our application.

> André Knappstein schrieb am 17.07.2013 um 17:31 (+0200):

>> Before  I  start  writing  apps for Windows Phone 8, can anybody
>> confirm that I can use FB Embed and the .net provider or that I can
>> not use it?

> Did some Google research on this question:

> Apps offered on the App Store are restricted to WP8 SDK APIs, and they
> are screened. You may not ship random native or other code on a WP8.
> Ans AFAIK, WP8 does not ship fbembed.dll itself. :)

> Firebird client or server code would probably have to be *ported* to
> one of the WP8 APIs in order for you to use it there.

> Porting Existing C++ Code to Windows 8/Windows Phone 8
> http://www.infoq.com/news/2012/10/Porting-Cpp-WinRT

> SQLite has been ported to WinRT and WP8, and/or is otherwise supported
> by Microsoft.

> Using SQLite in a Metro style app
> http://timheuer.com/blog/archive/2012/05/20/using-sqlite-in-metro-style-app.aspx

> Windows Phone 8 und SQLite | MSDN Online
> http://www.microsoft.com/germany/msdn/aktuell/news/show.aspx?id=msdn_de_48779

> It seems WP8 ships sqlite3.dll with appropriate wrappers to be called by
> app code. Or maybe an app has to ship its own copy, I don't know.

> SQLite-WinRT: Database programming on Windows Phone and Windows 8
> Andy Wigley's Blog
> http://andywigley.com/2013/06/06/sqlite-winrt-database-programming-on-windows-phone-and-windows-8/

> An alternative to SQLite would be SQL Server CE.

> Sql Server CE is the Database That WinPhone Uses by Default | Mobile Zone
> http://mobile.dzone.com/articles/sql-server-ce-database

> Michael

mit freundlichen Grüßen,

André Knappstein
EDV und Controlling
beta Eigenheim- und Grundstücksverwertungsgesellschaft mbH
Hafenweg 4
59192 Bergkamen-Rünthe

Telefon: +49 2389 9240 140
Telefax: +49 2389 9240 150
e-mail:  knappst...@beta-eigenheim.de

Amtsgericht Hamm Nr. B 420
Geschäftsführer: Achim Krähling, Dirk Salewski und Matthias Steinhaus

USt-IDNr.: DE 125215402