OK, thank you anyway.
I  think  I will be telling them to re-create the databases, this time
using a character set *and* *not* the quoted identifiers.

Interesting  though,  that  I  did  not  find  any  hint about similar
problems  in  the  internet  concerning  for  example MSSQL server and
similar.

Even if I personally think that quoting identifiers is nonsense, a lot
of people are definitely doing this. Why didn't anybody have a problem
so far?

You're not taking part in the Firebird Tour this year, do you?

> Not 100% sure, but I think it's something in the DbDataAdapter the
> FbDataAdapter derives from. I don't know a place where this casing
> etc. in FirebirdClient would happen.

> On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 10:47 AM, André Knappstein
> <knappst...@beta-eigenheim.de> wrote:
>> Yes.
>>

>>> Are you creating the FbDataAdapter in code?

mit freundlichen Grüßen,

André Knappstein
EDV und Controlling
beta Eigenheim- und Grundstücksverwertungsgesellschaft mbH
Hafenweg 4
59192 Bergkamen-Rünthe

Telefon: +49 2389 9240 140
Telefax: +49 2389 9240 150
e-mail:  knappst...@beta-eigenheim.de

Amtsgericht Hamm Nr. B 420
Geschäftsführer: Achim Krähling, Dirk Salewski und Matthias Steinhaus

USt-IDNr.: DE 125215402