Hello,

the database is at the moment on the same pc. When I have mastered the art of
local backup I will move to the remote servers as well.

Niko

Von: Геннадий Забула [mailto:zabulu...@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Samstag, 29. August 2015 17:04
An: For users and developers of the Firebird .NET providers
<firebird-net-provider@lists.sourceforge.net>
Betreff: Re: [Firebird-net-provider] fbstreambackup: "free disk space exhausted"

I'm not sure, but can you check disk space on the remote server where database
is placed?

On Saturday, 29 August 2015, Parzival <parzival1...@gmx.at
<mailto:parzival1...@gmx.at> > wrote:

Hallo,

I try to move from calling gbak as an external tool for backup and use
fbstreambackup instead.

Unfortunatly I get an error message "free disk space exhausted", which is
confusing. The disk has enough space to store the backup file. For that reason
I am guessing that there is something wrong with the way I call the backup.

This is the code (in vulcan.net <http://vulcan.net> ):

// declare variables

LOCAL fsb AS FbStreamingBackup

LOCAL fs AS System.IO.FileStream

// create new backup

fsb := FbStreamingBackup{ sb:ToString() }

fs := System.IO.FileStream{"D:\temp\test.gbk", FileMode.Create }

fsb:OutputStream := fs

fsb:Execute() // It fails here

Can please somebody point out what I am missing here? Maybe the filestream is
not correct assign to FbStreamingBackup…

Thanks

Niko