Dne 30.1.2012 18:58, Philippe Makowski napsal(a):
> Philippe Makowski  [2012-01-11 14:09] :
>>
>> I'm about to make FDB working with Python 3
> I didn't had a lot of time to work on
> but in fact, there are some "cosmetics" change to do (import, ord, ..)
> these are easy to do
>
> All the work is in managing the changes about strings, and it is a nightmare
>
> every time I think a change is ok, the code fail somewhere else :(
>
> for example I have a major problem with
> _Q(self, code, resultType, timeout = -1):
> in services.py
>
> seems that one of the while never end
> hope I will found, but really, at least for me, it is a lot of work
>
> so don't expect having FDB for Python 3 soon, unless someone else jump
> to help ;)

I will, eventually :) Actually, I already reviewed the changes made by
2to3 and spot some problematic places where the conversion spoiled the
functionality. But that was about two weeks ago. I was busy fixing FDB
to work on Windows and with FBTEST (it works now!). Interesting that
nobody reported that FDB basically doesn't work on Windows :) Hopefully
later today I'll release new version of FDB and FBTEST. BTW, I had to
restructure the QA part of our SVN repo, so it might be necessary to
make new checkouts. I also created a branch for fbtest using
KInterbasDB, and the trunk will continue with FDB version.

best regards
Pavel Cisar
IBPhoenix