Chris,

It seems you don't have Firebird client library installed, do you? If
it's installed, then the problem is that FDB can't find it. If you're on
Windows, try reinstall Firebird and check the option to copy client
library to Windows/System directory (recommended on Vista/7), or copy it
there yourself (XP).

best regards
Pavel Cisar
IBPhoenix