--- In firebird-python@yahoogroups.com, "skoczian" <nulla.epistola@...> wrote:

> Looks like something is wrong with the dll in WOW64, but what, and what
> should I do? Simply remove it (but perhaps it is needed somewhere)? Uninstall
> and reinstall Firebird?

Found more information in the Firebird-support group: the fbclient.dll in WOW64
is the 32-bit client library. The Windows installer for 64-bit Firebird puts it
there, so the presence of this subdirectory and this dll is quite normal. It's
not part of the 64-bit zip kit, so it's not present in _every_ 64-bit Firebird.
The slightly confusing naming convention is taken from Microsoft.

But shouldn't FDB know which dll it needs and where it should be, depending on
the Python version?