Hi,

thanks for the app, it helped to look into this issue. However, after
deep look I start to think that this is actually not a bug, just
pitfall. The problem is that when some problem arises while
(re)registering interest in event notifications (isc_que_events API
call), there is no good way how to handle it and continue with event
processing using given conduit (threading issues aside). So exception
has to be propagated up to the application level and handled there
properly, i.e. EventConduit has to be considered invalid and discarded.

I can do next things to improve the situation:

1. Use weakref.proxy to queue from EventBlock, so circular reference
through queue content would be broken.
2. Provide access to internal events dictionary in EventConduit (it
would return a copy like wait does), so event counts accumulated so far
could be retrieved in case of failure.

The side issue is that events seems to be quite fragile (isc_que_events
shouldn't fail so easily and especially with no good reason like
"Unknown ISC error" I'm getting from your sample app), and I don't know
why. I'll consult that with core developers and report here.

best regards
Pavel Cisar
IBPhoenix

Dne 7.11.2014 v 12:43 Dominik Psenner dominik.psen...@topcontrol.it
[firebird-python] napsal(a):
> Apologies, I should have explained that better. :-) The good thing (or bad?)
> is, that the database can be any firebird database. It must not even raise
> events. Take any database you want and modify the first few variables in the
> __main__ section such that it can connect to a database you have on your
> computer. You could also adjust the timeout and minTimeout to smaller values
> to get the results faster.
>
> Cheers

------------------------------------

<*> Your email settings: