Definitely switch to classic and make sure to update the CPS setting for
xinetd and the max number of instances allowed (/etc/xinetd.conf) if you
will have a lot of connections being made.  I think we also up the semaphore
setting as well (both in /etc/sysctl.conf and firebird.conf).

I also like to move the OS stuff to a separate drive container (usually
running RAID 1) with the DB partition running on a RAID 5 setup like you
described.

-steve

--
Steve Wiser