I have a question about why Firebird writes / or changes so much data in the
database file when you run a simple select query.
What data is it changing in the database?
Can this behaviour be modified /turned off via configuration?
When I run the select statement in IB Expert it tells me nothing has been
written to disk
When I look at the firebird process I can see it writing data for every select
query I run

Unfortunately our application runs a select query every 3 seconds to update a
reservation chart.

On our production server when I look at how many bytes of data has been written
over long period it has written gigabytes of data even though the databases are
only megabytes in size.

I am working on Windows 2003 Server Firebird version 2.1 (Classic and Super
Server)

We use a replication tool that works at block level and it is picking up huge
amounts of data changes on the firebird database files.

Look forward to hearing your comments.