I have been looking into switching from gbak to nbackup.  From what I have read
about nbackup I am left with some, possibly incorrect, impressions.

1) nbackup is a page level backup rather than a row-by-row backup like gbak.
2) nbackup does no integrity checking of the database as it is backed up.  It
simply copies the database page by page.
3) If 2) is true, then this would seem to imply that I could back up a
corrupted database using nbackup without ever knowing that the database was
corrupt.
4) If 2) & 3) are true this would seem to imply that I could restore a
corrupted database using nbackup and wind up with a corrupted database, the
same as the original.

Please feel free to correct my misconceptions.