> Thanks for all people kindly answering my questions.
>
> Regarding storing blobs in a separate table, Aage => could be better
because
> that way a page can hold more records Milan => no need to split blobs into
> separate table because FB engine is internally doing this job.
>
> Both seem to make sense in one way or another.  But I am confused yet.
> So, I have read and tried to understand Firebird-internals.pdf.  This pdf
has a
> very detail explanation on the database structure to the level of bits.
> However, unfortunately, it does not have much detail on blobs and is not
> complete on blobs yet.  So I still cannot find an answer whether to
separate
> blobs into a different table or not.
>
> If anyone can clear this issue, that'd be greatly appreciated by all like
me.

One thing is for sure. There are many, many years of experience with
firebird on this list. Personally, after over 25 years with FB, If there
were any significant differences between the states you are questioning, I
would certainly be using one rather than the other. But I don't think about
this aspect at all. There are far more important things to think about.
Firebird just works. My best advice at this juncture is to move on to
matters that make a difference.
Alan