I am trying to migrate to 2.5 from 1.5. I am updating a c program that writes
data to a table.  When I try to run the program I get the following error:

Your user name and password are not defined. Ask your database administrator to
set up a Firebird login.

When I supply a user name and password in the database connection statement and
try to recompile, I get the following warning:

gpre: -user, -password and -charset switches require -manual

But I don't want to use the -manual option because I want to work with
automatic transactions as I did with Firebird 1.5.

Does anybody know a way around this?

Thanks in advance.

Lawrence