Nick Upson schrieb am 15.01.2012 um 11:34 (+0000):
> On 14 January 2012 18:27, Dmitry Yemanov wrote:
> > 14.01.2012 18:39, Nick Upson wrote:
> > >
> > > using 2.1.4 (epel) on centos 5.5, We had a firebird crash with
> > >
> > > Fatal lock manager error: invalid lock id (0), errno: 4
> > >
> > > The system was under heavy load and it happened just after nbackup
> > > level 2 started (which may be related)
> > >
> > > We need to work out how to avoid it happening again but currently
> > > don't know why it happened.
> >
> > I'd suggest to avoid using nbackup until you upgrade to FB 2.5.
> >
> > Dmitry
> >

> That is several months away at least. Is this a known problem with
> nbackup?

This page suggests it isn't:

http://www.firebirdsql.org/manual/nbackup.html

If it's advisable not to use nbackup before 2.5, a big warning
up-front would seem to be in order:

  NBackup should not be used with Firebird server
  versions prior to 2.5; [risks and reasons here].

And maybe repeat the warning in the "Limitations" section here:

http://www.firebirdsql.org/manual/nbackup-overview.html

Michael