Hi,

I'm using FB 2.5 Super Server, Delphi7, UniDac database drivers and the
IntraWeb/TMSIntraweb components.

With connection pooling, one's application (a web application in my case)
typically open a pool of connections to the database.  A thread then use a
connection from the available pool of connections, locks it, execute some SQL
operations and unlock the connection.

My typical code of establishing a connection is:

procedure TDataModule1.OpenDatabase;
begin
  if IsLibrary then
    DBServer := '127.0.0.1'
  else
    DBServer := 'LocalHost';

  try
    with UniConnection1 do
    begin
      Disconnect;
      ProviderName := 'InterBase';
      Server       := DBServer;
      loginPrompt  := false;
      Database     := DBName;
      Username     := DBUser;
      Password     := DBPassword;
      SpecificOptions.Values['role'] := DBRole;

      try
        Connected := true;
      except
        raise Exception.Create('Can''t logon with supplied User ID, Role and
Password');
      end;
    end;
  except
    raise;
  end;
end;

The question is:  If a user log in by using some (restricted) role, will this
pooled connection still be able to serve users in other (less restricted) roles?

Regards,

Nols Smit