Hello Dave,

> I am having issues setting up ODBC from firebird 2.1. I have tried the
> following configurations:
>
> windows 7 64bit + ODBC 64 bit driver + firebird 32 bit
>
> windows xp 32bit + ODBC 32 bit driver + firebird 32 bit
>
> In both cases I receive a "Unable to connect" error when testing the
> connection in the ODBC Data Source Administrator tool.
>
> Can anyone provide an indication of what I am doing wrong?

Regarding 32 vs. 64-bit of the ODBC driver: This is only related whether
your client application is 32 or 64-bit and has nothing to do if your OS
and Firebird server is 32/64-bit.

You also need the Firebird client installed. The same applies here for
32 vs. 64-bit.

--
With regards,
Thomas Steinmaurer (^TS^)