On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:55:23 -0000, "grip_2ls" <li...@2ls.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I want to be able to pass the process name when connecting from JSP.
> Currently my code is setup as follows:
>
> String DB =
> "jdbc:firebirdsql://123.123.123.123:3050/C:\\grip\\data\\grip.fdb";
> java.sql.Connection con = java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DB, user,
> password);
>
> Is it possible to add the process name to this and if so how?

You can set the processname, but it is not possible to pass this in the
connection string itself. To get Jaybird to pass a process name, you need
to set the *system* property org.firebirdsql.jdbc.processName, eg by
passing -Dorg.firebirdsql.jdbc.processName="<processid>" on the commandline
used to start your application (or somewhere in the startup scripts of your
applicationserver). This is documented in the Jaybird 2.1.6 releasenotes
(section What's new in Jaybird 2.1.6). A similar option is available for
the pid.

BTW: There is a separate mailinglist for questions on Jaybird: