From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Rick Debay
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2012 11:53 AM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [firebird-support] Sizing conversion project

> You mean "beside licensing cost"?

I was hoping to use a SWAG such as cost per LOC to estimate the database
conversion cost; most of our code is in triggers, stored procedures,
etc.

> Do you use some Firebird specific features like Events?

We have the hooks in place (Firebird generates events) but we don't have
any apps that listen to the events right now.  It's on the to-do list.

> What programming language/libraries are used? ....
> If code is not properly decoupled from database access it can mean
rewrite of large portions of the codebase.

We use Java.  And I do my best to make sure the code is properly
decoupled whenever I do a code review :)

> why are you even considering

I wasn't told.