--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "karolbieniaszewski"
<liviuslivius@...> wrote:

> --- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "chervenokos" <chervenokos@> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> > I am trying to connect a Firebird database, that is located on another  LAN
> > computer via my Delphi-programm. When tha database is on the same computer,
> > there is no problem and the the Delphi-programm connects successfuly and
> > the programm works fine.
> > I do try the following syntax for LAN-connection:
> > 192.168.1.2:C:\Users\emo\!EMIL\DB\SOSIFB214.FDB
> > but the connection fails ..
> > Please help me about the syntax. Tanks!
> >

> Syntax is ok.
> But what error you get when you try to connect?
> Time out? If yes:
> You must enable 3050 port in firewall
>
> And what driver you use?
> If standard Delphi driver for Interbase - then what version of Delphi
> because in some version driver have disabled possibility to remote connections
>
> Karol Bieniaszewski

The error-message is:
'Unable to complete network request to host "192.168.1.2".
Failed to establish a connection.
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly
respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because
connected host has failed to respond.'
I don't know what driver I use, it probably is standard Delphi driver. I am
using Embarcadero® Delphi® XE Version 15.0.3890.34076;
I don't know how to enable 3050 port in Firewall - there are two Firewalls -
one on the (Laptop 192.168.1.3 Windows XP Avira firewall), another on (Desktop
192.168.1.2 Windows 7 Comodo firewall)