I have column with field type DOUBLE PRECISION and needs to convert it to
DECIMAL (15,4).  In a test with a field value of 23.999999, I change it to
DECIMAL (15,4) and got want I need in my Delphi (DBX) application of 24.0000.
Then I change it back to DOUBLE PRECISION and notice that the value is again
23.999999.  I presume firebird (2.51 32bit) does not change the stored value
when changing the type.  My question is now, if I change the type to DECIMAL
(15,4) will Firebird use 23.999999 or 24.0
in calculations in stored procedures, etc?

Any help / explanation will be much appreciate.

Regards

Cornie van Schoor