hrefofficemanager  [2012-02-16 21:00] :

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/6/i386/epel-release-6-5.noarch.rpm

> yum install firebird firebird-superserver
>
> Firewall port 3050 is open for tcp and udp.
>
> Firebird did not start automatically. I tried
yes that's a security reason and a RedHat rule
don't start service automaticaly after install

use as root :
/sbin/service firebird-superserver start

If you want to have firebird Superserver started at each boot, as root :
  chkconfig --level 345 firebird-superserver on

> bin/fbsvcmgr -start

bad

> and
>
> bin-superserver/fbsvcmgr -start

that's the same that  bin/fbsvcmgr -start

> Questions:
>
> 1. What is the difference between bin/ and bin-superserver/
executables?  I wanted to test superserver.  Is bin/ the classic version?

symlinks see for example a ls -la /usr/bin/isql-fb

for classic you would have bin-classic and again with symlinks in bin/