Hi. We created a DB with UTF8 as Default character set (SS v2.5.1.26351). In
FlameRobin we see the data correctly ("Canadá"), however from the Delphi (v6),
using native controls at palette Interbase, the data is not displayed
correctly ("Canadá"). In Delphi the connection is made using TIBDatabase
control, with the following parameter: LC_CTYPE = UTF8 (SQLDialect=3). What we
miss? The first data was inserted using FlameRobin.
On the other hand, when from the program made in Delphi we try to include a
string with a special letter (é, í, ñ, etc..), we get the error: 335544569,
SQL error code -303. What thoes that mean?
 The data is in a simple table:

CREATE DOMAIN dom_id AS BIGINT DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL CHECK (VALUE >= 0);
CREATE DOMAIN dom_nombre AS VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL CHECK (TRIM(VALUE) <> '')
COLLATE UNICODE_CI_AI;

CREATE TABLE prueba(
  id DOM_ID,
  nombre DOM_NOMBRE,
  CONSTRAINT pk_prueba PRIMARY KEY (id_pais),
  CONSTRAINT uc_prueba_nombre UNIQUE (nombre)
);

Did affects the type of "collate" used in the domain DOM_NOMBRE?
Best regards,
    Sergio