On 2/29/12 3:47 PM, Leyne, Sean wrote:
> The NBackup functionality allows a database file to be quiesced (with
> changes written to a delta file) to allow for OS level backups to be
> performed (thru Lock and Unlock options).
But doesn't that just move the potential conflict to the delta file,
leaving you with the same issue but in a different place? I don't see
that it really improves things all that much.

Well, on further thought I suppose the original database file could then
be thought of as internally consistent as of the time NBackup was
started. Is that what you were getting at?
> Nbackup can be invoked thru a BAT or script file, as well as via SQL
> statements.
But none of those are really an API designed for this specific purpose.
Do any backup systems make use of NBackup to control a Firebird database
during backup operations? Anyone know?