I was wondering if there was any way to determine if there is a pending
transaction outstanding.  I have a single connection to a database and have
something like the following code:

FbConnection conn;
FBCommand cmd = conn.CreateCommand();;
cmd.Transaction = conn.BeginTransaction();

I then call another generic routine which starts up a new command:
Cmd2 = conn.CreateCommand();

I get the following error:
Execute requires the Command object to have a Transaction object when the
Connection object assigned to the command is in a pending local transaction.
The Transaction property of the Command has not been initialized.

The 2nd routine is sometimes called when there is a pending transaction and
sometimes not.