Dmitry Kuzmenko schrieb am 16.04.2012 um 10:59 (+0400):
> Friday, April 13, 2012, 11:55:38 PM, you wrote:
>
> AJ>> gbak -se service_mgr
> AJ>> -fix_fss_metadata ISO8859_1
> AJ>> -fix_fss_data ISO8859_1
> AJ>> -rep -v -z
> AJ>> -user SYSDBA -password masterkey
> AJ>> E:\...\...\sl1b3_20120412.fbk15 SL1
> AJ>> ==================================
> AJ>> Previous restores have never failed.
>
> DK>> mmm, you did this command SEVERAL TIMES???
>
> AJ> Yes, I've do this quite often.
>
> if you run same command line for the same DB,
> i.e. backup/restore, backup/restore, etc,
> than you killed metadata in it.
>
> Options -fix must be specified only ONE TIME,
> when you restore your database at 2.5 from
> previous versions backups, and moreover,
> only if you have ERROR during restore without
> -fix options.

This note might be important enough to make it into the GBAK manual.

http://www.firebirdsql.org/manual/gbak-cmdline.html

Maybe repeated here:

http://www.firebirdsql.org/manual/gbak-caveats.html

If I understand correctly, corruption occurs as a result of an
unwarranted application of the -fix_* switches. I can only guess how
exactly the corruption occurs. Does it by any chance try to apply an
encoding scheme to some data suspected not to have received the proper
encoding due to a bug in the FB or GBAK version it originated in?

Michael