I tried the queries Sean and Svein suggested, and they didn't throw an
exception.  I then ran my original query to compare, and it WORKED.
Is my database haunted?  The only thing that could have changed is that
a backup ran overnight which would have collected garbage, and any
transactions that were open yesterday would not have been open today.

Regardless of the possibility of possession, thanks to Svein and Sean
for your reply.  I wouldn't have tried again for a while without your
quick reply.

Disclaimer: This message (including attachments) is confidential and may be
privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by
return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or
dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. RxStrategies, Inc. shall
not be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information
contained in this communication or for any delay in its receipt or damage to
your system. RxStrategies, Inc. does not guarantee that the integrity of this
communication has been maintained nor that this communication is free from
viruses, interceptions or interference.