Hello,

Is there no option to use internal variables (composite) in a statement?
Thank your.

-------------------------

Hello,

In a stored procedure there are 6 Input Parameters F1 to F6. This varchar
variables contains table-field-names and I verify this.

Now I thought I can use a statement like this:

i = 0;

while (i < 7) do

begin

idexists = 0;

stmtxt = 'select 1 from rdb$database where exists(SELECT * FROM
RDB$RELATION_FIELDS

WHERE RDB$RELATION_NAME = T_DT and RDB$FIELD_NAME = :' || 'F' || :i;

execute statement :stmtxt into :idexists;

if(idexists = 0) then

begin

--.

break;

end

i = i + 1;

end

How can I use the content of F1 to F6 in this statement (not the name of
variable rather the content). Actually the statement uses .._name = :F1

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Olaf