Hi Thomas,

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I would like to save the old records in a separate table every year.
>>> On the
>>> end of the year I would Copy the empty main-table to an new table
>>> named like "Backup" and the old year for example. The new backup table
>>> needs no triggers.
>>>
>>> How can I realize this?
>>>
>> What's the problem?
>>
>> Kjell
>>
> I would not use a text-based ddl-string, the main-table has many columns.
Is
> there a simple solution available? For example ""copy"" table etc.

>No direct DDL statement, but if this can involve user interaction via a
>tool, use "Duplicate Table" in Database Workbench, but you know, I'm
>biased. ;-)

>Regards,
>Thomas

At the time I'm using a simple solution. There are two generators, one with
the id (PK) and one counts the inserted date. If the second generator
reached a count value, I move the old records in a backup-table like the
year of creating. After this I reset the second generator.

For creating the table I use at the time a simple statement-text
(varchar(5000) with DDL) and execute this, without reading the system
tables. It works but may not be the best solution.

Thanks.