Em 13/6/2012 18:03, Jesús García escreveu:
> Why control it in the server side?if your customer can connect to the
> database as sysdba, can remove the trigger or change the logic in the connect
> event.
>
> If You do it on the client side, after connect, do a select of
> mon$attachments and if it is greater than the licensed concurrent
> connections, then You can disconnect the user or show the connection list and
> let the user drop an existing connection.
>
> Jesus

He could use the approachs combined.

I think that just relying on MON$CONNECTIONS (or any table populate upon
connect/disconnect) is prone to error due to abnormal app termination.

If I would implement it I would have a last time used that is updated by
the application, a timer or any other periodical interval (open query,
open form, etc.). And consider any connection with a last time used
greater than "some interval" as a dead connection.

see you !