Thank you very much for your responses - this makes sense. We have a couple of
server side applications that run constantly. Although, they  should all be
closing their connections. We will investigate further.

Could this somehow be related to the .NET driver with connection pooling? The
one application that I suspect starts and commits small incremental
transactions, but uses connection pooling?

Regards,

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Svein Erling Tysvær