On 7.8.2012 17:10, Tomasz Tyrakowski wrote:

> On 2012-08-07 16:06, Sofija Blazevski wrote:
> > Problem is that generator values are changed (from nowhere) to some
> > earlier version say about 15 days ago, on the other side all of the data
> > is current.
>
> >From my own (sad ;-) ) experience I'd advise to blame Firebird last,
> and first look through the code and make sure there are no statements
> executing gen_id(generator, increment) with a _negative_ increment.

I'm not blaming firebird at all, but I would like to know what else
could lead to such situation,
some system misconfiguration, or I have no idea, like I said I never
though it could happen like this.
We never use negative increment, and this is only client installation
with such issue.

> > Do you have any idea what could have caused an issue like this?
> > Could this be due to some windows issue? Same server had security.fdb
> > corrupted about a month ago.
>
> The values of generators are stored per database, so corrupted security
> DB shouldn't do any harm to them.

Perhaps it could ring a bell to someone what could be wrong with
operating the system, I'm not suggesting its related to the problem :)