Hi,

     thanks for your answer. Normally I modify stored procedure that may
be in use while I apply the ALTER clause. As I can't control whether it
is or not in use in that moment, I guess that the most conservative
approach is to shut down the database, login as SYSOP, apply the
metadata updates and then put the database online again.

Aldo