William,

> I wish to link the root directory of my database to cloud services like
> Dropbox
> for version control. There is one problem with this though and it is the fact
> that the database is stored in a single file that will become to big to work
> effectively with this service.

I think you have misunderstood the appropriate usage of the version control
which Dropbox would provide and the type of transaction control which a SQL
database requires.

> Is there a way to change the database structure so that it stores it in
> smaller
> individual files, each with a corresponding table name? This way I will be
> more effectively able to manage the version of files and be capable of
> restoring only needed backups if necessary rather than having to download a
> big file if I need to do so.

Dropbox provides file storage services which is a completely different
requirement from providing database server functions.  In order for a database
to be "cloud hosted" the host must have a database engine running in its cloud.
 You can't run database locally which uses the "cloud" for storage, the data
and the engine must reside in 1 location.

> If there is no way then could you please suggest a versioning system where I
> may be able to do this? Preferrably one that can be linked to cloud services..

You need to step back and understand what "cloud" services will and will not
provide.

Sean