Jonathan wrote:

> Sorry you are forced to use something as great as Firebird :-). I assume
> LAST_MODIFIED_ON is a TIMESTAMP field in your table and is being updated via
> a trigger or some other mechanism as records are modified.  Your DATEDIFF
> syntax is incorrect; try:
>
> ... WHERE LICENSE_PLATE_NO<>'No plate found' AND
> DATEDIFF(second,LAST_MODIFIED_ON,current_timestamp)<120
>
> or
>
> ... WHERE LICENSE_PLATE_NO<>'No plate found' AND
> DATEDIFF(minute,LAST_MODIFIED_ON,current_timestamp)<2

This should work, but it's not Jupiter's syntax that was incorrect. The FROM ..
TO syntax is fully supported. Point is, you're not allowed to mix TIME and
TIMESTAMP arguments with DATEDIFF (DATE and TIMESTAMP is OK though). So, since
LAST_MODIFIED_ON is obviously a TIMESTAMP, current_time should be
current_timestamp - as in your corrected example.

http://www.firebirdsql.org/file/documentation/reference_manuals/reference_material/html/langrefupd25-intfunc-datediff.html

Cheers,
Paul Vinkenoog