On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 10:41 AM, Rick Debay <rde...@accessrxs.com> wrote:

> I exported the original database as DDL and recreated it.  It now works.
> Scary, as the database validation tools didn't detect any errors.

The validation in gfix checks the physical structure - pointer point to the
right things, pages hold the right sort of data etc.  Making sure the
metadata matches the data, that non-null field aren't null, that
constraints are followed is mostly done by restoring a gbak backup.  That
may not be the right place to do it.  As far as I know, there is no tool to
insure that every record can be reached by every appropriate index.
Firebird has been around for nearly 30 years and nobody has felt the need
to build such a tool.

Good luck,

Ann