At 05:14 PM 5/09/2012, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>I have a process that is intermittently throwing the following error...
>

>ISC ERROR CODE:335544382
>
>ISC ERROR MESSAGE:
>cannot update erased record

That's not a Firebird-defined error message.  ISC code 335544382 has the
gdscode "random" and the associated message is a variable for a custom string.
Is this a BDE application, by any chance? If so, this rings a distant bell....

Otherwise, it's possibly being thrown and raised contextually in an exception
handler inside a trigger or a SP - that's where I'd start looking, at least.
Also search your client source code for an exception handler that returns that
message when the 335544382 code is detected in the status array.

./hb