On 2012-09-18 08:50, Alan McDonald wrote:
> You can pump the data to another database shell without touching or knowing
> the passwords
> Alan

I'm not quite sure the data itself is valid (and whether pumping it to
another database will fix the problem). I suspect there might be
something wrong with the entries of RDB$USER_PRIVILEGES in my
security2.fdb. There are some combinations of RDB$USER, RDB$PRIVILEGE
and RDB$GRANT_OPTION for RDB$RELATION_NAME='RDB$ADMIN' which may be
missing. I'll try to compare the contents of this system table with a
valid one (i.e. one which allows privileged users to alter other users)
and maybe I'll come up with an idea how to write the upgrade script myself.

regards
Tomasz

--
__--==     Tomasz Tyrakowski    ==--__