Hello,

our server here has Firebird 2.5.0.26074 64bit installed. It manages the access
to several databases, which have different ODS (11.1, 11.2) as they were
created with different FB versions.

I have two questions here:
1. Everything works fine so far, but I'm wondering if I should / or even have
to "upgrade" those databases to ODS 11.2 by doing a backup and restore?

2. I've noticed the different ODS versions because I'm thinking about a change
to FB 2.5.1, if all the issues I've discovered so far can be solved / avoided.

In case of a change or in case the ODS change (see #1) should be done:
- what exactly do I have to do? I've read some notes about additional steps
required for metadata upgrade of blobs or somethng like that, but didn't really
know what to do, when I took a look into the mentioned upgrade directory...
- can I just install FB 2.5.1 over the existing installation of FB 2.5.0 or
should I note the changes made in firebird.conf etc., uninstall 2.5.0 and then
install 2.5.1?

Kind regards,
Patrick