Ann Harrison schrieb am 28.11.2012 um 16:07 (-0500):
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 9:42 AM, André Knappstein
> <knappst...@beta-eigenheim.de> wrote:
>
> > … the  default  is  "NoWait".  This  makes  my misunderstanding
> > of the term "deadlock" complete, because in NoWait I usually get
> > an exception right off, which is all but a deadlock in the way I
> > used to understand it.
> >

> There's a some history and a bit of theory here.

I really like those history lessons, thanks, Ann! :)

Fortunately, while I agree the term »deadlock« is confusing,
the full error message is rather clear and descriptive:

 Statement failed, SQLSTATE = 40001
 deadlock
 -update conflicts with concurrent update
 -concurrent transaction number is 488

Michael